Apple has released iOS 8 and there’s some pretty cool new stuff!
• Hide your photos without deleting them (…because no one needs to know how many pictures are sent by your loved one)
• Mute text alerts from specific people only (…making messages you don’t want others to see less suspicious)
• Credit card scanner (…because it’s a pain to type in manually)
• Apply a vintage style to your phone! Visit accessibility and turn on the gray scale mode (…giving your phone a black and white touch)
• Widgets, located in the notification center, sum up your favorite apps, news and customized views
However, all of these new features will drain the battery faster, particularly for those running iOS8 on an iPhone 4 or iPhone 5.
Here are some handy hints on how to get your phone through the day:
1) A new tool in iOS 8 gives you a percentage breakdown of the biggest battery drainers. You can turn this on by going to Settings -> General -> Usage -> Battery Usage. Knowledge is power, literally!
2) Widgets constantly pull data, which will drain your battery life. To turn this off simply tap the Edit menu at the bottom of Today’s screen.
3) Stop tracking apps and you’ll save up to 19 % of your daily battery. Go to …
4) Turn down your screen brightness and save up to 9 % a day. Do this by going to Settings -> Wallpapers & Brightness -> Disable auto brightness, then decrease the brightness manually.
Out of home, flat battery and in need of a phone charging station? Check out Chargebar locations here.